Department: Department of Management
The Department of Management in the Faculty of Business and Economics has the following full-time vacancy:
Senior academic staff in the field of strategic management
You will contribute to the University of Antwerp’s three core tasks: education (40%), research (40%) and services (20%). Your role also includes organisational and managerial aspects.
- You provide high-quality education in the field of strategic management.
- Your teaching role evolves along with the study programmes. The courses you teach may include courses in the broad field of strategic management in the bachelor and master business economics. You will also teach some courses in the Antwerp Management School and/or other faculties of the University of Antwerp.
- You play a role in developing activating, student-centred and competence-driven programme components and study programmes.
- You supervise bachelor and master dissertations.
- You expand high-quality scientific research in the domain of strategic management.
- You initiate new lines of research and coordinate the progress of scientific research projects. You also participate in ongoing research programmes.
- You acquire and manage national and international research funding.
- You publish in high-quality international journals.
- You develop an international scientific network.
- You supervise PhD students and postdoctoral researchers.
- You play a role in the provision of both academic services and service to society, within the Faculty of Business and Economics, the University of Antwerp and the broader society.
Organisation and leadership
- You accept coordinating responsibilities in the areas of teaching, research and/or service provision and you contribute to policy formation within the university.
- Your leadership style is motivating and coaching. You are attentive to your employees’ growth and development processes.
- You hold a PhD in the domain of strategic management/business economics (or a related field).
- You can demonstrate several years of postdoctoral experience (or equivalent).
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies. You have established an excellent research portfolio including high-quality publications in international scientific journals.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision. You are motivated to develop your teaching skills further through the professionalisation opportunities available.
- If you do not master Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a course unit coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. Many courses at the Faculty of Business and Economics are taught in English. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members on an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations.
- You demonstrate leadership potential and organisational skills.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
What we offer
- We offer a full-time appointment as a member of the senior academic staff (Dutch: Zelfstandig Academisch Personeel, ZAP). The level of your appointment (lecturer, senior lecturer, professor or full professor) is determined on the basis of your professional experience and academic qualifications. Junior ZAP members are usually offered temporary appointment as a tenure track lecturer for five years, which is then followed by permanent appointment as a senior lecturer. Appointment as a senior lecturer or higher leads to permanent appointment (tenure) after a maximum of three years. A favourable performance appraisal is always required for permanent appointment.
- Your gross monthly salary is calculated according to the pay scales for senior academic staff.
- The planned start date is September 15, 2021.
- You will do most of your work at the city campus (in the center of Antwerp) in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here and discover all the other benefits.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 1 February 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on 'apply', complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following documents: (1) your motivation letter, (2) the completed job application appendix for ZAP, (3) your academic CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. dr. Koen Vandenbempt, dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.