The Faculty of Applied Engineering is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy for a
Postdoctoral researcher in the area of Electrocatalysis
to strengthen the research team (ELCAT) applied electrochemistry & catalysis
The core research goal within ELCAT lies in the development of state-of-the art electrochemical reactors and catalysts, with a view towards large-scale industrial development in the field of industrial electrification, in a green and sustainable way. The scope is to improve controllability, flexibility and energy efficiency of the reactions through electrocatalyst development and reactor design.
For more information about current projects, current doctoral projects and publications, please take a look at www.elcat.be.
- You will conduct scientific research in the area of electrocatalysis for the electrochemical reduction of CO2. The goal is to study the impact of catalyst properties like morphology and composition as well as the impact of the catalyst support on the activity, selectivity and stability of metal based and metal-free electrocatalyst. Consequently, your task will be two-folded, on the one hand synthesizing these catalysts and on the other hand characterizing their electrochemical as morphological properties.
- You are responsible for research support in chemical engineering, more particular in the field of electrochemistry.
- You develop your own research projects within the strategic plan of the research group and you compete for externally funded research grants. As a postdoc researcher within ELCAT you also support the current projects within the group and you contribute to a good day-to-day functioning of the research group.
- You are also responsible for safety in the research labs, in particular with regard to chemicals.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a PHD degree in Chemical Engineering, Applied Engineering, industrial sciences or equivalent.
- You have knowledge of national and international fundraising and you are able to work independently in the field of research.
- You have vision and can communicate well, both in speaking and in writing.
- You don’t forget about safety and you have some good technical skills.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- an appointment for a period of 18 months;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.134,93 - € 6.446,00;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment;
- starting date: 1 January 2020.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online and should include a copy of your CV and a motivation letter, until the closing date 4 November 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications.
- The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Professor Tom Breugelmans, (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Tel. 03 265 23 70).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.