The Faculty of Applied Engineering is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy in the Department of Chemical & Biochemical Engineering for a
Doctoral student in the area of chemical heteropolymer recycling
- You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of applied chemical engineering, and more specifically the chemical recycling of polyurethane. The initial funding is for one year, additional competitive funding will be sought by the candidate through personal grants, as well as by the hosting research group. The doctoral research will focus on the fundamental energetic and process considerations for the solvolysis/thermolysis of polyurethanes, in view of early-stage identification of potentially (economic and environmental) sustainable material cycles. The first year of the project will focus predominantly on experimental work.
- You contribute to research in the BioGEM research group, and take up supporting tasks in research and education.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Bioscience Engineering, or equal by experience.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have hands-on experience with organic reactions in the laboratory, you are creative, open minded, and have a working knowledge of chemical thermodynamics.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of one year, with the possibility of renewal for a further three-year period after positive evaluation, depending on continued funding;
- the start date of scholarship will be October 1st or November 1st, 2019;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.373,36 - € 2.516,73;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 1 September 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on 9September 2019.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Pieter Billen, tel. +32 3 265 88 01, email@example.com or dr. Lukasz Pazdur, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.