Faculté : Faculté des sciences économiques, sociales et de gestion
Département : Department of Business Administration
Date d'entrée en fonction : 1/1/2022
Grade : chargé de cours
Contrat : durée indéterminée avec période d'intégration - Le Conseil d’administration prévoit, sauf exception motivée, que ce poste est attribué pour un terme de trois ans si le ou la candidat.e retenu.e est désigné.e pour la première fois dans le cadre du personnel académique de l’Université de Namur (selon l’article 5 du statut du personnel académique). A l’échéance du terme de trois ans, le ou la candidat.e sera confirmé.e et nommé.e à titre définitif moyennant une évaluation positive de la commission d’évaluation.
Catégorie : personnel académique
Poste : Allocation (au cadre)
Référence : PV/CA720/2021-24
The University of Namur welcomes near 7,000 students every year to its 60 bachelor, master, and doctoral study programs. Of the University’s 1,200 employees, almost 1,000 actively contribute to research, through 64 research laboratories and centers and 11 research institutes. The Faculty of economics, social sciences and business administration accounts for 1,300 students and 170 staff members, among whom 85 academic and 70 scientific members. The Faculty offers full-time and part-time bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in management and economics. It also organises programs in political sciences and communication studies. Its members undertake research in various fields of expertise.
The candidate will be part of the Department of Business Administration, which has 60 full- and part-time academic and research staff. The Department offers bachelor, master, and doctoral programs, with a particular focus on topics in finance, services management, marketing, and information management. Research is organized within 3 research institutes (DeFiPP – Development Finance & Public Policies, NADI – Namur Digital Institute and naXys – Namur Institute for Complex systems). The Department actively collaborates with many national and international institutions and companies, through research projects, seminars, consultancy and student internships.
The activities associated with the position are equally subdivided into research and teaching activities. The candidate is expected to show expertise in the digital transformation area and the underlying mechanisms and methods. Candidates’ research should be grounded in the fields of strategy, organization or operations management and ideally dealing with service context. Teaching will mainly take place in the master’s programmes in business administration and business engineering and in the bachelor’s programs of the University of Namur.
More generally, the applicant will:
• be responsible for teaching courses at the various study levels (i.e. undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate);
• supervise master theses as well as PhD dissertations;
• be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programs in the abovementioned fields within the Namur Digital Institute (NADI);
Through his/her research activities, the applicant will raise the university’s profile and more particularly:
• find and obtain external funding for research,
• enlarge the University’s partners basis.
Finally, the candidate is expected to contribute to the dynamics of the department and faculty and will in the future be involved in administrative responsibilities at the Department, Faculty or University level.
The applicant will have:
• a PhD degree in Management, Economics, or equivalent, (or have obtained one before taking the position);
• excellent skills to teach to a university student audience;
• the aptitude to incorporate research results into his/her teachings;
• the aptitude to work in a team and the potential to organise and lead a research group;
• the aptitude to publish in top-tier journals in management;
• a good command of both spoken and written English and the ability to teach in English;
• a good command of French or, if not the case, the applicant should be ready to learn French within a year (B2 level), fluency in other languages will be considered as an additional asset.
The following features will be considered as assets:
• one or several visits to foreign academic and research institutions;
• show creativity and innovation in terms of teaching and interdisciplinary research;
• the ability to incorporate the business world in teaching and research activities and/or to initiate and develop collaborations with the business world;
• teaching experience at the university level.
Further information can be obtained from Prof. Oscar BERNAL, Director of the Department of Business Administration, Rempart de la Vierge, 8, B-5000 Namur (Belgium); +32 81 72 48 79; firstname.lastname@example.org. All practical information needed by foreign candidates can be obtained from the website of the European researchers’ mobility portal (EURAXESS): https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/. Queries concerning the salary can be addressed to email@example.com.
If the candidate has had no academic or permanent research position within the University, then the first three years are the period for the candidate’s integration in the new environment. After the three years, the Board evaluates the candidate, and if the evaluation is positive, proposes a tenured position. Salary is at the levels in force in all Universities of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation (barème 007: https://www.unamur.be/universite/jobs/baremes/echelles-de-traitements-mensuels-bruts-a-temps-plein-au-01-07- 2016-index-164-06/view).
The application form can be downloaded from the University of Namur website (http://www.unamur.be/universite/ jobs/). The filled out form should be returned before 1st August, 2021 by email (in PDF format) at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a curriculum vitae, research and teaching statement, maximum 3 representative publications (minimum 1), 2-3 letters of recommendation, and, if any, teaching evaluations. An electronic version should also be sent to Prof. Oscar BERNAL, Director of the Department of Business Administration (email@example.com).
French version is also available: https://jobs.unamur.be/emploi.2021-05-17.6596422007Continue reading
|Title||Full-time faculty position in Digital Transformation|
|Employer||University of Namur|
|Job location||rue de Bruxelles 61, B-5000 Namur|
|Published||May 17, 2021|
|Application deadline||August 1, 2021|
|Job types||Lecturer / Senior Lecturer,   Assistant / Associate Professor  |
|Fields||Organizational Economics,   Business Administration,   Management,   Strategic Management,   Business Economics  |