The University of Mons recruits
Faculty of Engineering
Machine Design and Production Engineering Lab
direct hierarchical dependence: Professor P. Dehombreux
a (M/F): Research and teaching assistant
Description of the tasks:
- Achievement of a PhD thesis linked to virtual manufacturing. Machining by the removal of chip is more particularly concerned from a numerical point of view (finite element models among others) as well as an experimental point of view. While both aspects are expected to be covered, the work will be focussed either in the development of an experimental setup or in the enhancement of numerical models previously developed in the lab. Support of industrial and academic partners is expected.
- Contribute to the expertise and the excellence in the research of the lab and its international collaborations.
- Participation to the supervision of practical works mainly related to the “Virtual Manufacturing” course, in direct link with the subject of the PhD thesis, as well as to Master’s Thesis and students Projects.
- Involvement in the general organization of the lab and the industrial projects carried out by the lab.
Educational skills, scientific skills, writing skills in English (IELTS above 6.5 or equivalent), sociability, rigour, taking initiative and being responsible.
Mastering the French language is an asset but it is not mandatory as research will be performed in an international context and the teaching tasks are mainly linked to activities in English.
Required diploma: Master’s degree (BAC +5 scientific level) in Mechanical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Material Science or equivalent
Type of contract: 1 year, 2 yearsrenewable
Working hours: full-time
Submission of candidatures:
The application file will include a cover letter, the detail of the obtained academic honours and a copy of the degree certificates.
It will be submitted,
- to Prof. Pierre Dehombreux, Dean of Faculty of Engineering and Head of Machine Design and Production Engineering Lab at firstname.lastname@example.org
- to Mme Christine Martens, responsable du Département Administration facultaire, at email@example.com or by post to the following address: UMONS – Faculté Polytechnique - Secrétariat Académique - Rue de Houdain 9 à 7000 Mons - Belgium
The applications will not be taken into account if the profile does not correspond to the description, or the file is incomplete.
Date d'échéance de l'avis: 19/02/2018