Faculty of Psychology and Education
Reference : 2018/A030
Application deadline: 01/03/2018
Start date: 01/10/2018
Full-time academic position in Educational Sciences
Area of Research : Educational Sciences
Educational and scientific goals :
To teach and develop research activities in the field of Educational Sciences. The research to be undertaken will take place in the context of the activities of the Research Center in Educational Sciences. The Center's work focuses in particular on teaching practices, learning inequalities, learners' and future teachers' conceptions of what is at play in school and in higher education insofar as the transmission of knowledge is concerned.
In addition, the candidate will take part in the implementation of the reform of pre-service teacher training, which extends from kindergarten to the end of secondary school and which also concerns the training of teacher trainers.
The candidate will be responsible for first and second cycle courses in the domains of pedagogy, teaching and learning processes, pedagogical aspects of learning difficulties, and teacher training. The teaching load is between 120h and 150h. It will be reduced to 90h initially.
Qualifications required :
PhD Degree (with doctoral thesis) in Psychological Sciences and Education or in Educational Sciences.
- Expertise in Educational Sciences (general pedagogy, teacher training, learning inequalities, etc.) attested by relevant publications in scientific journals.
- Experience in compulsory education and/or adult education is an asset.
- Applicants should have at least 4 years of research experience at the time of their recruitment.
- Post-doctoral experience and an excellent scientific record are a plus.
- Exchange periods outside of the applicants’ home institution (during or after their PhD) will be taken into consideration when evaluating applications.
- Applicants who do not speak French (level C1) may be granted a period of adaptation, but they must be able to teach in French at the end of the third year following their appointment.
Further information may be obtained from the Dean of the Faculty, Mr Arnaud Destrebecqz (phone : +32 2 6504231 - email : firstname.lastname@example.org, from Mr. Christian Orange and from Mr. Thomas Barrier (phone: +32 2 6505468- email: email@example.com & Thomas.Barrier@ulb.ac.be)
The application file must be sent in electronic format by sending a single e-mail message addressed to the Rector of the Université libre de Bruxelles (at the address firstname.lastname@example.org) and to the Dean of the Faculty of Psychological Science and Education at the following address: DOYENPSY@admin.ulb.ac.be.
They must include the following :
- an application letter
- a Curriculum vitae including a list of publications (a template can be downloaded at http://www.ulb.ac.be/tools/CV-type.rtf)
- any relevant documents showing 4 years of research experience
- a 7,000-character report (4 pages) presenting the applicant’s research activities and a research project, including how these will integrate into ULB’s research teams
- a teaching dossier including a 7,000-character report (4 pages) on the applicant's previous teaching activities and a teaching project for the first five years in this position; these must be relevant to the faculty and to the teaching profiles for the programmes to which the applicant is to contribute
- a note on the applicant's international achievements and projects (no more than 4 pages)
- the names and e-mail addresses of five references (with equal gender representation) who may be contacted by those in charge of evaluating applications. These references should not have conflicts of interest.
By sending in their application, applicants acknowledge they have read and understood the additional information and the regulations relevant to research staff, available at the following address http://www.ulb.ac.be/emploi/academique.html.