An academic position in Physical activity and health sciences (1 FTE)
Vacancy Reference : 25784 / FSM 014 / 2021 (to be quoted in any correspondence)
UCLouvain invites applications for a tenure-track or tenured full-time position in Physical activity and health sciences
UCLouvain is a comprehensive university offering, in the context of the present position, the opportunity of cross-disciplinary research and teaching collaborations. The position is attached to the Faculty of Motor Sciences and to one of the research institutes of UCLouvain that offer opportunities for diverse and stimulating teaching as well as an environment to carry out ambitious research. The Louvain-la-Neuve site offers a unique living environment conveniently located at the heart of Europe.
The successful candidate will have teaching assignments in the field of physical activity related to health and will supervise content and organisation of practical courses in physical education (initial and continuous education of teachers) according to his or her specific competences.
In the required profile, the didactic approach to physical activity related to health is a useful complement.
The successful candidate will progressively be involved in representative and management bodies of the Faculty.
The successful candidate will develop and drive a cutting-edge research program in the field of health-related physical activity. He or she will develop research programs aimed at optimizing the beneficial effects of prescribed or spontaneous physical activities on health. Research programs can be oriented towards learning populations, healthy or pathological populations, towards one or more age groups or towards one or more socio-professional categories. Different approaches (didactic, clinical, epidemiological, sociological, etc.) are possible. Whichever approach is chosen, the research results should help to improve health through physical activity, prevent and control physical inactivity in the population of interest.
The candidate will interact with national and international research groups active in the field of health-related physical activity.
- Be responsible for teaching courses at all study levels (i.e. undergraduate and postgraduate), as well as in programmes of continuing education;
- Supervise the final diploma research (i.e. theses) of undergraduate and graduate students, as well as PhD theses;
- Be involved in (and/or supervise, promote) research programmes;
- Be available to carry out, in the long term, different service activities and take on responsibilities within the University and its entities;
- Contribute to the international visibility of the University through teaching and research excellence;
- Contribute to activities of the University with a societal impact in the fields of the economy, socio-cultural changes or cooperation with developing countries.
Required Qualifications: the applicant must have
- A PhD degree in Motricity Sciences or any comparable discipline;
- Either studied abroad for an extensive period or have had substantial experience outside his or her university of origin;
- A significant scientific record with international publications;
- Experience in and the aptitude for teaching at university level, demonstrated if possible by formal assessments;
- The capacity to work within a team of teachers and to integrate research findings into teaching;
- Creativity and must be open to teaching innovation and interdisciplinarity;
- The capacities required to undertake high-level academic research: capacity to raise research funds, to supervise projects, to animate and lead a research team;
- Team management and communication skills, including if possible fluency in French and English, spoken and written. Otherwise, the applicant will be asked to acquire them within two years after taking office, in order to be able to communicate and teach in these languages. Knowledge of other languages is an additional asset.
The level of recruitment (appointment to the rank of lecturer or professor) will be discussed if a proposal is made to you, in connection with your previous academic experience. For more information, see: jobs.uclouvain.be.
Our HR policy supports equal opportunities and diversity including in the academic career. Attention is also paid to reconciliation of private life and professional life.
Application deadline: Monday, November 16, 2020 at noon
Starting date: 1st September, 2021
Further information :
Prof. Catherine Behets Wydemans, Dean FSM – firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Marc Zune, President IACS - email@example.com
Faculty of Motor Sciences (FSM) (https://uclouvain.be/en/faculties/FSM)
|Title||An academic position in Physical activity and health sciences (1 FTE)|
|Employer||Université catholique de Louvain|
|Job location||Place de l'Université 1, 1348 Louvain-La-Neuve|
|Published||October 9, 2020|
|Application deadline||November 16, 2020|
|Job types||Professor,   Lecturer / Senior Lecturer,   Assistant / Associate Professor,   Tenure Track  |
|Fields||Sports Medicine & Exercise Physiology,   Health Science  |