The Louvain School of Management (UCLouvain) is hiring a Full time (doctoral or post-doctoral) researcher / project manager to join the Louvain Innovation team and support the development of the GRD network.
We offer a two-year contract, renewable, starting in October 2019 and based in Louvain-la-Neuve.
Your position will combine two complementary roles:
- On one hand (50%), you will conduct research activities in the field of innovation management leading to international publications and, in the case of doctoral researchers, a PhD. This research will be conducted under the supervision of our academic team and in collaboration with the members of BiRD (http://birdbelgium.com), which are leading R&D-based organizations based in Belgium. Our research focusses in particular on dynamic innovation capabilities and responsible innovation ecosystems.
- On the other hand (50%), you will manage and develop in collaboration with our academic team and our partners, the “LouvainInnovation” learning platform, in particular the GRD Network and our executive program in innovation management (see brief descriptions and contact details below).
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate, with the following profile:
- Master or PhD degree in Management (or equivalent) with honors, obtained in the last 5 years;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and autonomy;
- Ability to work in English and Dutch and to read in French;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with senior executives;
- Candidate with corporate and/or project management experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates can apply by sending their CV and letter of motivation to Professor Benoit Gailly, Benoit.Gailly@UCLouvain.be, before September 27th, 2019. Top-ranked candidates will be invited for an interview (either by videoconference or on site).
Louvain Innovation is an initiative of Louvain School of Management geared to getting managers to leverage the interdisciplinary skills developed at the UCLouvain in the field of innovation management. We offer in particular to managers who are faced with the challenges of innovation an executive programme in innovation management (university certificate), each year from January to June (with a follow-up workshop in October).
We also organize and coordinate monthly workshops that bring together Research and Development and Innovation managers from the entire country (see www.GRDNetwork.be). The purpose of these meetings is to enable the exchange of good practices and encourage participatory innovation and networking
Finally, Louvain Innovation offers managers an opportunity to test and improve their innovative potential by means of a survey (Navigating Innovation App) and an online platform (see www. NavigatingInnovation.org) that relates to the 6 key dimensions of innovation management. Our experts also propose various publications on the matter of innovation management (articles and books).
The Louvain School of Management
The Louvain School of Management (https://uclouvain.be/fr/facultes/lsm) combines the history and heritage of the Université catholique de Louvain, almost six-century-old and one of the oldest complete universities in Europe, with a progressive and dynamic approach to business education and research. It gives you the opportunity to explore multidisciplinary perspectives, which are so important in the business world. Our School is a world-class school of management promoting intended learning outcomes, transferring cutting-edge knowledge from its research institutes and integrating real life business practices.
Being close to Brussels, the capital of Europe, Louvain-la-Neuve is a unique pedestrian city that welcomes people from all over the world and provides an ideal environment for studying within a vibrant community and multiculturality.
Our relentless willingness is to offer a unique added value for all our stakeholders based on:
- Strong values of excellence and ethics in business affairs in order to help everyone involved with the School to become a responsible leader and entrepreneur.
- Strong academic research values to offer leading-edge courses and a critical mind in Master, Executive and PhD programs.
- High educational values based on multicultural, diverse and international faculty and students with exchanges opportunities and corporate exposure across five continents.
- High value for money: quality has always been a core value in our educational and research projects and our tuition fees remain highly affordable.
Moreover, our School is an active member of the prestigious CEMS Global alliance that brings together the best international management schools and companies. Together we offer a unique programme called “Master in International Management” (MIM) ranked as the best European master’s by the Financial Times for many years (top 7 worldwide). The CEMS global alliance enables us to maintain close and permanent research relationships with talented faculty and professional partners. We know how valuable the building of an international networking is for a world-class management school today.Continue reading
|Title||Full time (doctoral or post-doctoral) researcher / project manager|
|Employer||Université catholique de Louvain|
|Job location||Place de l'Université 1, 1348 Louvain-La-Neuve|
|Published||August 29, 2019|
|Application deadline||September 27, 2019|
|Job types||Postdoc,   PhD  |
|Fields||Business Administration,   Project Management,   Entrepreneurship,   Management  |