Multiple postdoctoral researcher positions are available at Institute of Microelectronics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, in cooperation with Prof. Leibo Liu ( http://www.tsinghua-wx.cn/liulb). Successful applicants for the positions will join a highly motivated multidisciplinary team with sustained funding from government and industry. After two or three years of research, qualified candidates can be recommended to apply for assistant professor position at Tsinghua University.
The research consists of, but not limited to, the below four aspects:
- Computer architectures (especially reconfigurable architectures), compilers, the runtime systems, and use of CAD flows to evaluate the resulted designs.
- Computer vision （especially facial landmark detection or face recognition）. The aim is building a real-time algorithm-hardware co-design based system solution for facial landmark detection to support various facial related visual applications. The research involves development of the algorithm, hardware architecture exploration and full system optimization.
- Hardware security. (1) homomorphic encryption hardware design; (2) physical attack countermeasure design and application; (3) high efficiency hardware circuit and architecture design for symmetric/ asymmetric ciphers.
- Digital baseband processing algorithm in massive MIMO system and hardware circuit design.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Microelectronic Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant disciplines. Successful candidates are expected to conduct independent research with minimal supervision and high self-motivation, publish technical papers in international journals, and present their research work in international conferences. Applicants with good verbal and written English skills are required. For the above four research directions, particular skills are as follows:
- Computer architectures. Experienced in the design and evaluation of emerging computer architectures; Programming ability of using related software tools.
- Computer vision. Be familiar with image feature extraction, 3D descriptor, stereo matching, deep learning or hardware-oriented optimization; Good knowledge on computer vision or related fields; Programming ability of using programming language, in C/C++.
- Hardware security. Good mathematical knowledge on homomorphic encryption algorithms and schemes; Be familiar with symmetric/asymmetric encryption schemes, physical attack methods and countermeasures; Experience of developing hardware circuits and systems including HDL design and verification; Programming ability of using programming language, such as C, C++, MATLAB, etc.
- Digital baseband processing. Be familiar with MIMO/massive MIMO digital baseband processing algorithms, including algorithms that are related to encoder, precoding, signal detection, decoder; Good knowledge on digital baseband processing system in wireless communication; Programming ability of using programming language, such as MATLAB, C, C++, Verilog HDL, etc.
SALARY and BENEFITS:
- The starting salary is ￥400K (~$ 62K) per annum. Extra year-end bonus will be provided based on publications, responsibilities, performance and successful program/funding applications with up to ￥200K(~$31K) . The program/funding can be applied include, but not limited to:
- “Tsinghua University Postdoctoral Support Program”（￥150K-￥300K）;
- “China Postdoctoral Science Foundation” （up to ￥150K).
- Tsinghua University helps postdoctoral researchers with housing, insurance and arrangement of children following relevant policies.
The applicant should be younger than 34 years old and have graduated within two years.
Please email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full CV
- A cover letter outlining relevant past experience. If there are specific areas you would like to research, please indicate these in the letter.
- Contact information of two referees