The fellowship programme gives you a chance to:
· be trained at top notch European institutions, by leaders in health technology innovation.
· receive Biodesign innovation training and develop a validated healthcare solution within a real clinical setting.
· be coached by experts in health, innovation, technology, ...
· create real impact with a health solution based on real needs within one year.
· build global connections thanks to our extensive Biodesign network in Europe and beyond.
· expand your career opportunities or embark on new career adventures, unimaginable at the start of your journey.
· work in a real clinical setting full time for about two months, coached by experts in health and technology, and observe daily practices while you search for innovation needs.
· work in a highly skilled multidisciplinary team learning to understand each other’s views and complementary expertise. You will contribute your own strengths and skills to the team.
For more information about the programme, please visit http://www.benefit-fellowship.eu
Two teams of 4 members will be formed based on fellows’ profiles, complementary expertise and skills. For the clinical observation (immersion) the teams are hosted in parallel by UZ Leuven and Erasmus MC in Rotterdam.
The programme will run from September 2021 until the end of May 2022. Fellows will graduate in the beginning of June 2022.
The programme is offered in a hybrid format, alternating between online and on-site activities.
Candidates are highly motivated to make a change in the future of healthcare and willing to found a start-up or create a business solution at the end of the programme. Furthermore, candidates preferably have professional experience with innovation projects, excellent communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of teamwork.
Finances & Commitment
The programme is offered free of charge to the selected fellows. Fellows do not receive a stipend. Fellows therefore only cover costs for study materials including travel and accommodation as required.
The partners do require a signed commitment from the fellows to complete the programme in advance and will provide selected fellows with a BENEFIT calendar. With the exception of vacation periods outlined in the BENEFIT calendar, fellows are required to be available on weekdays during the entire programme (either in the Netherlands or in Belgium).
Eligible candidates must possess at least 4 of the criteria below and motivate all criteria in their motivation letter.
· Have a relevant background, especially in medicine, business, engineering or design
· Have a MSc degree or a BSc degree with professional experience
· Demonstrate entrepreneurial aspirations
· Are available onsite on a full-time basis during the programme
· Speak English fluently and understand Dutch
· Have a proven track record of teamwork
Apply through our website (www.benefit-fellowship.eu) where you will find the application details. You will be asked to fill in an online form as well as to submit your motivation letter and curriculum vitae in English.
Deadline for application: 26 May 2021.Continue reading
|Title||BENEFIT brings together talents in engineering, medicine, design and business to co-create innovative solutions in healthcare|
|Job location||Oude Markt 13, 3000 Leuven|
|Published||May 4, 2021|
|Application deadline||May 26, 2021|
|Job types||Research assistant,   PhD  |
|Fields||Health Economics,   Clinical Sciences,   Business Administration,   Entrepreneurship,   Medical Technology,   Health Science  |