→ Apply until 14/07/2020 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
→ Department GE38 - Department of Human Structure and Repair
→ AAP temporary appointment - 50%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 202004/GE38/AS/014
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- At least 50% of your assignment will be spent on scientific research in preparation of a disciplinary doctoral dissertation (Medical Science/Engineering Science) with the topic in Silico Musculoskeletal Clinical Trials.
- You will assist in the teaching activities at the department, specifically the following courses in biomechanics.
- You participate in the internal and external services of the department.
- The position can be complemented to full-time with the promoter's own resources.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a degree of Master of Engineering (preferably). For diplomas awarded outside the European Union, a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You are interested in academic and/or project-based research and services in the field of musculoskeletal biomechanics, image processing (segmentation registration) and learning theory. (PCA, regression to conv. Neural networks.)
- Knowledge of Matlab and Pyton (VTK / Keras / tensorflow)
- Research experience and participation in continuing education, conferences, etc. is recommended.
- You have excellent teaching and communication skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a two-year appointment, which may be renewed twice for two years, on condition that the previous term was given a positive evaluation. Attention: If you have been previously appointed as a junior assistant or doctoral fellow at a university within the Flemish Community, this appointment will be deducted from the maximum term of appointment, which is six years at the most according to the Codex of Higher Education.
- Your appointment will start on 1 September 2020 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave, bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact prof. Emmanuel Audenaert (Emmanuel.Audenaert@UGent.be, +32 (0)9/332 56 99).