You will re-design assembly systems and virtualise workflows for the factory of the future.
Flanders Make supports manufacturing companies in their struggle to face ‘mass customisation’ and in their evolution towards ‘the factory of the future’. This requires not only a digital transformation process (Industry 4.0) but also an entirely different way of thinking. Items addressed include: zero configuration time, zero defect & zero downtime, enhancement of operator work & wellbeing, digital twins throughout the lifecycle for predictive quality & maintenance and ‘The Industrial Internet of Things’ (IIoT) using big data in a flexible network.
VIRTUALLY DESIGN THE FLEXIBLE ASSEMBLY WORK CELL OF THE FUTURE
For new industry innovations, you will
- Work together in a research team that combines expertise in numerical modelling, optimisation, control, intelligent model-based development methods, embedded software, data analytics, robotics and signal processing;
- Play a key role in analysing and simulating the product flow as well as the operator experience in variable setups.
Together with the team, you will
- Introduce the possibilities of new technologies for flexible assembly (e.g. one-piece process flow, modular and reconfigurable work cells using component tagging, data-driven reconfigurations, etc.). Supportive technological innovations such as collaborative robots, digital work instructions and AR applications are considered as available resources in the new layout.
- Choose a new conceptual design solution and optimise the design parameters as a function of an optimal product performance and assemblability.
- Check theoretical results in real-life conditions in our expanding Co-creation Centre with Industry 4.0 manufacturing facilities (Kortrijk).
- Trace and present industrial challenges and new research opportunities.
EXPERIENCED IN INDUSTRIAL ASSEMBLY PROCESSES
- A degree in Engineering (Industrial engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics – ICT, Electrical, Automation);
- At least 8 years of experience, preferably in an industrial setting, e.g. in process engineering, method engineering, dataflow or logistics;
- A track record in the field of industrial automation;
- A keen interest to apply theoretical concepts on practical case problems;
- Experience with manufacturing simulation software (Visual Components, Flexsim, …) is a plus.
- Passionate about research and industry innovations;
- A good communicator;
- A team player;
- Result-oriented, responsible, self-directing;
- Eager to learn.
WORKING AT FLANDERS MAKE
Flanders Make offers you
- The opportunity to develop yourself within its network of leading industrial companies, universities and research institutes;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm atmosphere and first-class colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
This video shows a testimonial of 2 colleagues working at Flanders Make.
Flanders Make colleagues work together on projects in Belgium at our sites in Kortrijk, Lommel and Leuven (flexible workplace policy).
- Location: Kortrijk, Leuven or Lommel
For more information:
Call LIESBET DECUYPER
at the number: +32 (0)11 790 590