AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50.000 employees world-wide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Our passion is glass. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you?
The Company: AGC Glass Europe
- European branch of the AGC group, based in Belgium.
- Produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry, the automotive industry and various high-tech applications.
- 14.000 employees.
- 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe.
Experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research
AGC’s Technovation Centre is recruiting a project manager to accelerate innovative coated glass automotive products
Be part of the CAR-EVOLUTION. The Automotive sector is in full turnaround. The advent of the autonomous car will dramatically reshape the way people interact with vehicles, the future design of roads and cities. Glass has a major role to play. Come and experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research in one of Europe’s largest glass R&D Centres.
The Role / Job :
You at AGC’s Technovation Centre – Automotive Transformation Department – your mission
- You will be based at the Technovation Centre close to Brussels (Belgium) where research & development, engineering and IP activities are centralised under one roof with 280 members of personnel
- More specifically you will join our Automotive Transformation Department - a team of approximately 40 people passionate about developing glass product applications (windshield, rear window, sunroof, etc.) and solutions related to autonomous driving and advanced assistance systems to the driver. The team is organised around 3 departments, from project management to prototyping to product validation
- You will manage projects aimed at accelerating the development of innovative coated glass products and will as such
- conduct laboratory experiments
- be analytical and critical with the results of your research
- collaborate / drive researchers or technicians for the development of the coatings competence in Europe
- participate with marketing to the definition of future products.
- Report results to the management
Your scientific profile
- A love of science runs in your blood with very good academic results in one of the following fields: civil engineering, master or PHD in physics, material sciences or related field
- You are a self starter with a good helicopter view, able to think of and manage the different stages of a project and meeting deadlines
- You understand that a researcher’s job is more than sitting behind a screen or running experiments in the labs. You have a strong affinity with industrial and operational processes and enjoy being on the field.
- You have acquired a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience with the following must haves:
- project management skills , in an industrial environment
- Surface treatment of solid state materials
- Knowledge of PVD coating process
- Potential plus points
- Optical / chemical & analytical characterization of thin films
- Knowledge of wet coating deposition process
- Automotive experience
Your general skills
You are an allrounder and recognise yourself in the following:
- Multitasker, curious with a bias for action, perseverant and autonomous
- High degree of structure and attention to detail
- Problem-solving mindset
- Ability to communicate in a direct and diplomatic way at all levels in multicultural environments: presentations, reports, discussions, negociations.
- Ability to synthesize and popularize complex matters
- Business fluency in English is mandatory – Knowledge of French is a plus
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
Why You Should Apply
- You’ll be part of a committed, smart, fun team respectful for diversity
- You’ll get wide-ranging exposure to different aspects of glass and technology.
- We offer competitive compensation with 40 days holiday, a casual office environment, training opportunities and respect for autonomy