AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity with more than 50.000 employees worldwide. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Our passion is glass. Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you?
The Company: AGC Glass Europe
- European branch of the AGC group, based in Belgium.
- Produces, processes and distributes flat glass for the construction industry, the automotive industry and various high-tech applications.
- 14.000 employees.
- 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe.
Its Automotive Glass division develops, produces, and commercializes (a.o) windshields, side windows, rear windscreens and panoramic roofs, with advanced features: heated windshields, infrared and UV protection, head-up displays…
Experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research
AGC’s Technovation Centre is recruiting an optical engineer for its Electronic Sensors Department
The Role / Job :
You at AGC’s Technovation Centre – Electronic Sensors Department – your mission
- You will be based at the Technovation Centre close to Brussels (Belgium) where research & development, engineering and IP activities are centralized under one roof with 280 members of personnel
- More specifically you will join our Electronic Sensors Department - a team of approximately 13 researchers and technicians passionate about glass solutions related to Autonomous Driving, Head-Up Display and Automotive Electronics.
- You will have 2 missions :
- Support our production plants and R&D developments in different machine vision projects. This involves putting together inspection
solutions involving mechanics, lighting, cameras, software, image processing
- Take part in a team and lead the optical aspects (design, simulation) of the integration of an optical sensor behind a windshield.
Design and prototyping aiming to launch a new product.
Your scientific profile
- Optical engineer
- You have acquired 3 to 5 years relevant working experience.
- You understand that a researcher’s job is more than sitting behind a screen or running experiments in the labs. You have a strong affinity with industrial and operational processes and enjoy being on the field.
- You are willing to work in a team, in interaction with other researchers, technicians (bachelors and industrial engineers) and operators.
Your general skills
You are an allrounder and recognize yourself in the following :
- Multitasker, curious with a bias for action, perseverant and autonomous.
- Able to elaborate, test, and propose new measurement concepts autonomously.
- Experience in metrology and inspection systems.
- Experience in image processing.
- Experience in optical sensor integration (Camera, Lidar…).
- Project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Networker – able to build partnerships and collaborations.
- Troubleshooter with analytical skills.
- Efficient communicator in multicultural environments: presentations, reports, discussions, negotiations.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluent in English (essential). Knowledge of French is a plus.
Are you ready to sign "Glass Unlimited" ?
Why You Should Apply
- You’ll be part of a committed, smart, fun team respectful for diversity.
- You’ll get wide-ranging exposure to different aspects of glass and technology.
- We offer competitive compensation with 40 days holiday, a casual office environment, training opportunities and respect for autonomy.