AGC Glass Europe offers challenging, and highly rewarding career opportunities. Join a leading international glass company, share a global stage of incredible opportunity. Work and grow alongside some of the brightest people in your field.
Glass creates emotion by connecting people with their environment. Could it connect us with you?
AGC Glass Europe
- European branch of the AGC Group (Asahi Glass Co., Ltd), the world's leading producer of flat glass.
- Produces, processes and distributes flat glass for building (exterior glazing and interior decoration), automotive (original glass and replacement glass) and smart screen applications.
- 14.000 people in Europe - 18 float glass lines, 10 automotive glass processing centers and more than 100 distribution-processing units in Europe, stretching from Spain to Russia.
You at AGC’s Technovation Centre - part of our Pulsaart Start Up
- You will be based at the Technovation Centre close to Brussels (Belgium) where research & development, engineering and IP activities are centralised under one roof with 280 members of personnel
- More specifically you will be part of the Pulsaart (by AGC) start-up - https://www.pulsaart.com - where connectivity products for transportation-mobility and smart-cities are developed.
- With a dynamic team of 16 people, you will contribute to building a unique glass based antenna portfolio and operating an exclusive measurement service centre around a high tech large dimension anechoic chamber.
Our activity is growing fast. We are looking for an Antenna Product Engineer to reinforce our development team. Your mission will focus on the development of antennas for analog / digital radio and digital TV (AM, FM, DAB, DTV). A future evolution towards mobile communications (LTE, 5G), ITS communications (V2V, V2X) and satellite communications (GNSS, SDARS) is planned.
In our state of the art large scale anechoic chamber, you will:
1/ Develop products on full size prototypes - based on customer requests.
- Define and follow the product development schedule with the chamber responsible and customers;
- Collaborate with AGC plants to guarantee correct production of our antenna products;
2/ Lead measurement projects in close collaboration with our measurement expert and RF technicians: from defining customer needs and measurement setup to creating project planning to leading measurement activities;
- Perform post-processing of measurement data to extract desired KPIs and make clear reports of antenna performance for customers;
- Be responsible for the profitability of customer projects
3/ Lead benchmarking activities of connectivity systems from our competitors, follow and share main trends in connectivity for our international team of experts (Europe, US, Asia).
- Master’s degree in engineering - electricity, electromagnetics, telecom or related field.
- First knowledge of electromagnetism or antenna physics is mandatory.
- Capable of performing antenna measurements (VNA, Spectrum Analyzer, near-field measurement) or willing to learn. Previous experience with an anechoic chamber is a plus.
- First experience in project management and customer relations is a strong plus.
- Pragmatic in answering customer requests.
- Flexible and comfortable in a changing environment.
- Self starter with a good helicopter view, able to think of and manage the different stages of several projects in parallel and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with an eye for details
- Analytical and result-oriented mind
- Ready to work in shift and working overtime when required.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French or a strong willingness to learn.
Why you should apply?
- You will be part of the CASE revolution for Mobility.
- You will be part of a committed, smart, and fun multicultural team, respectful for diversity (including LGBTIQ), with a strong entrepreneurial culture.
- We offer competitive compensation with 40 days holiday, a casual and caring office environment, training opportunities and respect for autonomy